Preschool Expansion Program
Preschool Expansion Program
Enrolling NOW for 2023-2024
The Hopatcong School District will provide a FREE full-day, high quality preschool program to 3 and 4 year old Hopatcong residents. (Your child must be 3 or 4 by October 1st)
*Enrollment opens March 1st. You will need to register online ON or AFTER March 1. Anyone who registers online prior to March 1 will need to reregister. Documents will need to be brought to Durban Ave to complete registration on May 2 & May 3.
- All Hopatcong children participating in one of these programs will have access to a high-quality preschool program that will prepare them to enter Kindergarten.
- The full-day preschool program runs from September-June and takes place Monday through Friday. Calendar days may vary slightly between programs. Each school day is 6 hours long although hours also might vary slightly from program to program.
- Tuition based extended day care and summer programs are available at First Impressions Childcare. Please contact these programs for additional information.
We are excited to continue our partnership with First Impressions Childcare and Head Start. Families who meet the income eligibility criteria for Head Start, will continue to benefit from the support and services provided from NORWESCAP Head Start.
- If your child was enrolled in one of these programs for the 2022-2023 school (First Impressions or Head Start) and they continue to be age eligible for preschool for the 2023-2024 school year, they will be able to continue in the same program and you do not need to do anything at this time.
- If your child is enrolled in one of these programs for the 2022-2023 school year and is eligible for kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year, re-registration is not required.
- If you qualify for SNAP or are in a low income household you must clarify that on the registration form.
- Head Start provides health and social service support to enrolled families, as well as free breakfast,
lunch and snack to enrolled children. To qualify for the Head Start program eligibility criteria includes:
low income households; families receiving SNAP,TANF,or SS-D benefits; children in foster care; or
families experiencing homelessness (including shared or transitional housing)
Who Qualifies For The Preschool Program?
Any Child ages 3, 4 and 5 years old living in Hopatcong. (Your child must be 3 or 4 by October 1st)
A child must not be eligible for kindergarten at the time of enrollment (turn 5 on or before October 1, 2022).
If you are interested in having your child participate in one of our preschool programs for the 2023-2024 school year, you must first complete registration. (Register here) also please email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete registration.
We have many spots open with the new First Impression Linden Ave location- should these spots fill up there will be a lottery system used.
To get site specific information contact…..
First Impressions Jefferson Head Start
7 Prospect Point Rd. 406 Wills Ave
Lake Hopatcong 07849 Stanhope 07874
(973) 663-1880 (973) 398-4486
First Impressions Stanhope - Brooklyn Rd
^This location is temporarily full for 23-24 First Impressions Stanhope - Linden Ave
154 Brooklyn Road 19 Linden Ave
Stanhope 07874 Stanhope 07874
(973) 347-4450 (973) 527-7110
General preschool questions? Please reach out to...
Hopatcong Preschool Master Teacher